It is my pleasure to invite you to join the Friends of Baxter Memorial Library. Together, we can make our library an even more wonderful community resource.
Membership fees, along with two annual book sales, provide the funds we use to support the library in many ways, from purchasing books and computers to hosting guest authors.
The Friends Board of Directors meets monthly and your input is always welcome; however, as a Friend, you do not need to attend meetings!
If you are interested in volunteering for special events, just let us know. We are always grateful for the help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the email address below.
President, Friends of Baxter Memorial Library
The Friends of Baxter Memorial Library is a membership organization that supports the library through members’ dues and volunteer activities. Its mission is:
- Fundraising to supplement library services
- Sponsoring and/or cosponsoring activities for all ages that promote the library as a community cultural center
- Advocating for the library and its present and future needs
- Author/lecture series in March
- Book Sales
- Spring Into Summer Family Fun Festival in June
We also sponsor many library activities throughout the year. If you enjoy these events and activities, please consider joining the Friends.
- Student Member – $5
- Senior Member – $15
- Individual / Family Member – $25
- Individual / Family Sponsor – $50
- Business Sponsor – $100
For more information please call Library Director James Rathbun at 207.222.1190.